Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Rescue Update.....

WOW~ you are all amazing.
I'll bet Beth and Nina would agree; I don't feel amazing, I feel exhausted!  ;)   Hubby had already taken the Jeep to town to fillerup, and I had the maps printed to take off as soon as we had word from the shelter that they'd hold until we arrived;  even though I hadn't figured out how to tell the folks at work why someone had to cover my shift tonight & tomorrow. :P  I suspect I'd have been written-up big time!
    I've discovered that I'm not emotionally set up for this!  There are, and always have been, wonderful animals all over the country who need and deserve better; but it's beyond my power to fix the system or to help them all.  It's just the Pyrs!  I have a major hole in my crusty old armor when I look into Pyr eyes and see nothing but love, devotion and trust, and know that a mean thought has never crossed that Pyr mind.
    My commitment to spay/neuter programs and "lifetime commitment"  is renewed by this rescue episode.
Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com