[pyrnet] Update on Ranger-Pyr/Collie Mix-KY Shelter

I just spoke with Margie at the Kentucky shelter in regard to Ranger.
Someone called in this morning and completed an application over the phone,
and his adoption was accepted and approved. ( I guess their phone adoption
beat my on line application...) He will be neutered on Monday, and the new
family will pick him up on Tuesday.  So, Ranger is officially saved and will
be going to a good home, but, once again, they will notify me should
anything change.

She indicated to me that their shelter has seen many Pyrs in the last year
being brought to the agency.  Many, in very, very poor health and condition.
In particular, their coats matted to the skin, many with skin type ailments.
She suspects someone in the area is recklessly breeding but she is not sure
where.  Today, Opal and Bernice, the (2) Pyrs which are being adopted this
Sunday, are being given the royal beauty treatment; however, their coats are
in very poor shape and Opal will need to be shaved.  She also indicated the
Pyr rescue group in Tennessee is very active and wonderful, as they have
rescued (2) Pyrs from the shelter in the last couple of months.

Guess I won't be making that trip to Kentucky, but am so relieved all (3)
will now have good homes.

Thanks again to all who helped in this cause.

Beth, Czar (Pyr) and Raisa (Mal) in Rural Wisconsin