[pyrnet] Growl and Snap

Hey Folks,

A very scary situation occurred yesterday with my female… I gave both the boy and girl their weekly treat… The boy wasn’t as interested due to the heat, where as the girl decided to take both treats for herself.

When I approached her to retrieve the boys treat, the teeth came out with a fierce growl, and a small snap. I was able to secure her by the rear of the neck, and brought her inside, all the while growling and showing her teeth. As I was walking near the boy, she snapped at the boy, luckily missing him.

I have seen their father due this, but have never experienced this before with my group. I understand the dominance between the two, but going after me in totally unacceptable in my eyes.

As pups and up until last week, I would always approach the dogs, and purposely take their treats/dog food away for a second, and then return. I thought I was reinforcing who’s boss.

Any thoughts or suggestions? This is really bothering me.

Thank you,

Murph