Re: [pyrnet] Rescue dog in GA

I have e-mailed Terry to let her know I would like to help in the South Alabama area. I plan to call and see if it is ok to pass out flyer of available dogs when we are out and about. There is always a lot of interest when I have Sugar Bear and Dixie at Petsmart, parks and any shopping area. I know it takes a special home for a Pyr but this may be a way we can all help find those special homes.

Lisa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judith Stroh Miller" <jsmiller@newmex.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Rescue dog in GA

On 5 Aug 2005 at 9:26, nina kelly wrote:

Thanks so much Linda, Is there a way for you to send me the correct
contacts, emial that way when another dog is in need of rescue it can
be done by direct contacts? Again Thanks soo much for all the hard
work and time that you spent on this!!!!

This list has shown great care and concern about the Pyrs in need all across the country. :) Contacting the Rescue Reps for your area, as Linda stated, causes much less confusion. Many times the Rescue Coordinators have already been contacted and many times shelters will only work with Reputable Rescue Groups or by direct adoption. I will include the link for the Rescue Reps in the nation. There has been such tremendous movement to help with the Pyrs that have come to our attention these past weeks. Just think what you all could do by contacting your closest GPCA Rescue Representative and offering your services! Transportation is always difficult to arrange. Foster Homes are almost impossible to find. If you can't foster, there are so many other ways of helping our Pyrs in need. What a relief it is to know I can call someone to help transport a dog across NM. That is the only thing my transport angel does, help us get Pyrs in need to foster care. What an invaluable service he performs for our breed! If you meet someone who is interested in a Pyr, give them the Rescue Rep contact for your area. And yes, when you are thinking about transporting a Pyr across the country, please do check with your local rescue. You will be amazed to learn that your closest rescue group does not have the man power to take in all the Pyrs needing homes. Helping out locally is the best thing ya'll can do.

Go to the rescue contacts.  There you will see the Rescue Coordinators
Contacts per region.  Then a listing of Rescue Reps per State.
Bookmark this site for ease! :) By getting the information to the Rescue
Coordinator dog in dire need can be helped faster.

http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/gpcaresq.html

Judith S. Miller Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue jsmiller@newmex.com