Re: [pyrnet] Rescue dog in GA

On 5 Aug 2005 at 9:26, nina kelly wrote:

> Thanks so much Linda, Is there a way for you to send me the correct
> contacts, emial that way when another dog is in need of rescue it can
> be done by direct contacts? Again Thanks soo much for all the hard
> work and time that you spent on this!!!!

This list has shown great care and concern about the Pyrs in need all
across the country. :)  Contacting the Rescue Reps for your area, as
Linda stated, causes much less confusion. Many times the Rescue
Coordinators have already been contacted and many times shelters will
only work with Reputable Rescue Groups or by direct adoption.  I will
include the link for the Rescue Reps in the nation.  There has been such
tremendous movement to help with the Pyrs that have come to our
attention these past weeks.  Just think what you all could do by
contacting your closest GPCA Rescue Representative and offering your
services!  Transportation is always difficult to arrange. Foster Homes
are almost impossible to find.  If you can't foster, there are so many
other ways of helping our Pyrs in need. What a relief it is to know I can
call someone to help transport a dog across NM.  That is the only thing
my transport angel does, help us get Pyrs in need to foster care. What
an invaluable service he performs for our breed!  If you meet someone
who is interested in a Pyr, give them the Rescue Rep contact for your
area. And yes, when you are thinking about transporting a Pyr across
the country, please do check with your local rescue.  You will be amazed
to learn that your closest rescue group does not have the man power to
take in all the Pyrs needing homes. Helping out locally is the best thing
ya'll can do.

Go to the rescue contacts.  There you will see the Rescue Coordinators
Contacts per region.  Then a listing of Rescue Reps per State.
Bookmark this site for ease! :) By getting the information to the Rescue
Coordinator dog in dire need can be helped faster.

http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/gpcaresq.html

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
jsmiller@newmex.com