RE: [pyrnet] Dog Appeasing Pheromone - [NEWSENDER] Message is from an unknown sender

For those of you who gave me advice about Kiah I want to say thank you. I did move her crate upstairs in a spare bedroom. That’s the only place we have room for that huge crate. We video taped her while we left the house. Needless to say even with the crate moved she barked for 45 minutes. I did buy a kong and stuck biscuits and peanut butter in it. She didn’t give it the time of day. She started barking and clawing at the door right away. Does anyone know of a product that pyrs go nuts over, so at least she can get distracted? Like catnip, but for dogs. I also read the information about the pheromone and it sounds like the spray works better then the plug in. I would like to try that right away. Does anyone know where I can find the Comfort Zone spray? I looked on petsmarts and petco’s website and only found the plug-in. Or does anyone know if the plug-in works?

Thanks again for all your help

April

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Catkin8040@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:57 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Dog Appeasing Pheromone - [NEWSENDER] Message is from an unknown sender

In a message dated 8/11/2005 8:21:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, LESRVG@aol.com writes:

experience with Dog Appeasing Pheromone

Yes!  I've used it for Lily when she has to go to the vet.  She is very shy with other people and it really did help.  I also used it at home a few times when she was nervous about the wind.  She doesn't mind thunder but hates the wind and seems to be getting more nervous about it as she ages.  I got the Comfort Zone spray that you can spray into the air or spray on a cloth or on the dogs bed.  It starts working within minutes and seems to last for an hour or so.   I highly recommend it.

Cat, Lily-Belle (Great Pyr), Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats)