Re: [pyrnet] Question

We find out Tuesday if it's a boy or girl.  I'm undecided as to which I prefer, parts of me wish for another boy, but then again, a girl might even the odds around here a bit.  Both my boys are STUBBORN, just like daddy :), even Cameron is stubborn.  Wow, Mejo sounds like a really smart dog.  Cameron has his moments, but right now he's actually jumping up in the middle of the yard, barking at a passing airplane.  Silly, silly dog.  He doesn't actually follow commands, other than sit and shake.  He just gives this look like, "please, I've got better things to do, like sleep!"  Cannot imagine the cost of shipping him overseas, even though he's still underweight.  He was a rescue, and was in really bad shape when the rescue found him.  His owner died, the kids bred him with a St. Bernard, sold the 11 puppies, and then chained him up and left him to die, under a trailer.  Thank goodness the rescue found him, but he wasn! 't expected to live.  Right now he's only about 90-95 lbs, and I'm having a hard time putting the weight on him.  I free feed him, but he just doesn't gain much, and he's been checked and is healthy.  Maybe he's just going to be lean.

Well, off to get the littlest one ready for bed.

Patty

Nlduzan@aol.com wrote:
    My, you are busy!
    Are you having a boy, a girl, or a surprise?  With 2 boys, I'll bet you're hoping for a girl?
    Daughter enjoyed Japan and Korea (lots of funny stories, and some not so funny). The exchange rate was much better in the early 80's so she bought a lot of nice things to ship home.  I've heard her say that it cost nearly $1000 to get her dog shipped home.  But that was coming OUT of Japan, so going in might be easier; I have no idea.  Frankly, Alabama sounds better to me.
       Mejo  was her first "rescue", but that was the smartest little dog I've ever seen.  Took multiple commands and followed them IN ORDER without fail. It understood anything she asked of it.  She always told the Grandkids that Mejo was her "first child" and they were second and third. :)  It lived to be about 17, but become blind, epileptic and finally nearly deaf.  They were two matching souls, and she refused to let them put the dog down because it wasn't in pain or unhappy and she was willing to clean up any mess it made. She could tell by looking at it how to adjust the seizure meds.   I told her I'll be satisfied if I'm treated as well as that dog in my old age.
    Yep, she's a fine daughter - but Bullheaded!!!  Can't imagine where that came from ;)
Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com