[pyrnet] advice needed to rescue ICE

ICE is a 4 year old male Pyr living in Columbus, Ohio.  Well, he will be
LIVING until Tues unless he is rescued.  This is the story of ICE as I know
it.

ICE was purchased as a puppy by the owners of a horse boarding facility in
Columbus.  He was allowed to roam the property at will as a puppy.  He is
not neutered.  When ICE became a bit older, he started to roam further and
further from home.  Therefore, the owners chained him to prevent the
roaming.  He had made many friends at the stable and they visit him and take
him for walks.   Despite the chaining, he remains a nonagressive dog to
people.  Unfortunately the same can not be said for a small UNCHAINED dog
living at the same facility.

ICE was out for  a walk and got loose from the person walking him and
attacked the small  dog causing thousands in medical bills.  This is
evidently not the first time.   Does the small dog tease him when chained or
is it just the fact that the small dog has the liberty theat the chained ICE
does not enjoy???  Whatever the reason, the owner has stated that ICE will
be put to death on tuesday if he is still on the property.

I live in Pittsburgh and know ICE from visiting the facility.  In fact, Ice
was the first PYR I ever met and he is soley responsible for my interest in
the breed.  On our first meeting, I sat down beside this large hairy
ungroomed dog and he allowed me to remove bushels of matted hair without
complaint.  One look into those large gentle Pyr eyes hooked me completely.

My daughter boards hosrses at this facility and has known ICE since he was a
puppy and has not noticed any aggression in this dog despite his changes in
life style.

I am coming to you for advice and assistance.

Where do I go to help this majestic Pyr.  In his heart he is still a
majestic Pyr even though his friends had him shaved and he looks a bit
tattered according to those in Columbus.  I feel confident in those horse
owners who know and love ICE that temporary arrangements could be made to
remove him from the property IF a long term plan was being made.

PLEASE ADVISE!!!