Re: [pyrnet] advice needed to rescue ICE

First of all someone needs to check the Dog Ordinances in Columbus.
If there is any type of Dangerous Dog Law, that law will have to be
followed.  I don't know if Columbus has BSL in place, if they do not,
they very well may have a Dangerous Dog Act.

On 4 Sep 2005 at 12:20, Sandy May wrote:

> ICE is a 4 year old male Pyr living in Columbus, Ohio.  Well, he will
> be LIVING until Tues unless he is rescued.  This is the story of ICE
> as I know it.
>
> ICE was purchased as a puppy by the owners of a horse boarding
> facility in Columbus.  He was allowed to roam the property at will as
> a puppy.  He is not neutered.  When ICE became a bit older, he started
> to roam further and further from home.  Therefore, the owners chained
> him to prevent the roaming.  He had made many friends at the stable
> and they visit him and take him for walks.   Despite the chaining, he
> remains a nonagressive dog to people.  Unfortunately the same can not
> be said for a small UNCHAINED dog living at the same facility.
>
> ICE was out for  a walk and got loose from the person walking him and
> attacked the small  dog causing thousands in medical bills.  This is
> evidently not the first time.   Does the small dog tease him when
> chained or is it just the fact that the small dog has the liberty
> theat the chained ICE does not enjoy???  Whatever the reason, the
> owner has stated that ICE will be put to death on tuesday if he is
> still on the property.
>
> I live in Pittsburgh and know ICE from visiting the facility.  In
> fact, Ice was the first PYR I ever met and he is soley responsible for
> my interest in the breed.  On our first meeting, I sat down beside
> this large hairy ungroomed dog and he allowed me to remove bushels of
> matted hair without complaint.  One look into those large gentle Pyr
> eyes hooked me completely.
>
> My daughter boards hosrses at this facility and has known ICE since he
> was a puppy and has not noticed any aggression in this dog despite his
> changes in life style.
>
> I am coming to you for advice and assistance.
>
> Where do I go to help this majestic Pyr.  In his heart he is still a
> majestic Pyr even though his friends had him shaved and he looks a bit
> tattered according to those in Columbus.  I feel confident in those
> horse owners who know and love ICE that temporary arrangements could
> be made to remove him from the property IF a long term plan was being
> made.
>
> PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Judith
Taos, New Mexico