Re: [pyrnet] HEALTH: How do I know when it's too cold for my old girl to be o...

I agree with this one.. Lady, our Pyr is  1 1/2 and she love it outside too, rain, snow, whatever..

Though I have noticed something.. We have a Rotweiller(Holly) who is 7 and suffers from arthritis.. And I have noticed lately when it rains heavily, that Lady stays inside their house with her.. Like she wants to help keep Holly warm..

As far as the older Pyr, I would just keep an eye on her.. If  you notice she is having trouble moving, etc,  I would say it is too cold.. One thing my husband did for Holly, was put in a heat lamp out in the doghouse.. And when it gets colder here (we live in Missouri), he turns it on.  Right now it has been really warm here, but as soon as it starts getting cooler at night we will start turning it on at night only and then as the days get colder too, it will be on all the time.

Just an idea.

Janna