Re: [pyrnet] Grt. Pyr World Conference & French National

It is confusing, even when you are there.  A young dog took the CAC from the intermediate class, BIADOS De Alba de Los Danzantes.  Neou took first from Champion Class.  So who ever took best male essentially took BOS as we know it here.
As far as the breeding on Tourmaline, the Vallis and Nadine are such good and close friends and all the breeding stock is from Nadine.  I would consider the breeding Neouvielle and I am sure the Valli's would not quibble about it. And of course Nadine owns Tourmaline.  Several years ago Alain Valli protested the treatment of Nadine (Noustamic should have won clearly the open class)  at the National and returned his trophy and would not return for winners class in the ring.  I was told by one of the judges of the day that his bitch, the mother of Tourmaline, would have likely taken the CAC and likely been Best of Breed on the day.  Alain vowed not to return for a year in protest and kept true to his word, and I doubt he regrets his decision to this day.  Pretty loyal friend, right or wrong, to give up his chance for BOB at the French National for his perceived treatment of his friend, and mentor.

Joe