Re: [pyrnet] GP/Akbash mixes????

I'm sorry for my last post. Akbash do not have "black" spots.  They can have light shading almost an off white or very light tan.  So if you have black you do not have a pure bred Akbash, but could be a Pyr or cross bred Pyr/Akbash, but to distingush between the two by body type, etc is very unreliable and probably just not valid at all as you see the longer rangier type in some Pyrs.  This and the shorter coat is likely more correct historically anyway.

Joe

Joe