RE: [pyrnet] Snow nose

Liberty's nose has never changed back to black. I loved her black nose - it really made her face. But, I guess we will keep her - pink/black nose and all! Not like we are going to breed her anyway, she is spayed - I know that the pink nose is considered a fault. Nevertheless, she is the funniest dog I have ever been fortunate enough to meet, much less live with, so I don't care what color her nose is.

From: nina kelly <ninatkelly@yahoo.ca>
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Snow nose
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:59:55 -0500 (EST)

Hello

The pink nose is due to the lack of sunlight during the winter, my Pry Dilbert has that pink nose as well. I did some research to find out why, I thought he was sick, but no it is because of the lack of sunlight. It will turn black again in the summer. :)

  Nina
  Melissa Wyglendowski <wygate@hotmail.com> wrote:
  Happy Birthday Emm! My Pyr will be 3 on the 21st of Dec. I noticed that
Emm also has a pink/black nose, like my pyr Liberty -
http://www.dogster.com/?98632. Her nose was black until her first winter as
an adult, when she started digging in the snow with her nose. Do you
suppose that is why is changed color - almost like the black 'wore off.'

--------------------------------- Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos