RE: [pyrnet] Snow Nose

Both my yellow Lab and Pyr have "snow nose" ( well it is more light brown than picnk) and it goes back to normal once we start getting more sunlight. We only get 5 to maybe 6 hrs of sunlight here in the winter, and from what I have read that could bave something to do with it. But I could be wrong who knows but I love both my dogs no matter what. And I don't think that your pyr is imperfect Melissa, his nose gives him character :)

Nina
Melissa Wyglendowski <wygate@hotmail.com> wrote:
I didn't think I was going to create such a controversy just by mentioning
that my Pyr has a pink/black nose just like another group members Pyr (can't
remember the dog's name, but it was a 'Happy Birthday' string.) Of course
people should be breeding good, solid, breed standard dogs, but sometimes
the best efforts still create dogs that aren't the breed standard of
"perfect." I have a 2 year old Labrador named Timber that is OFA certified
from a breeder that has been in the business for over 20 years, and Timber
has level 4 hip dysplasia.

I'm not going to apologize for my 'imperfect' dogs, because they are more
perfect that most people I know!

Melissa