Re: [pyrnet] dog beds

We use a Canine Cooler mat for our pyr Mellow.  He loves it and it gives him the added benefit of taking the heat off his body and cooling him off. We have the biggest size. Its not VERY cushiony, but he loves it and it gives him some cushion.  We also have soft dog beds for our greyhounds and Mellow will lie on them for a few minutes. Then I think he must get hot and sick of it so he leaves.  We also have large dog beds that are like a cot with a stretched fake leather type product stretched over a huge frame.  He will lay on that sometimes but usually he prefers the tile floor.
Info below

HOT IN SUMMER

CANINE COOL

Year round, many dogs look for a cool spot to lie on, such as tile, stone, or wood. They can't sweat like us, and need all the cooling help that they can get. The trouble is, those hard surfaces quickly trap heat and warm up, and there is no true lasting cooling effect. Those surfaces are also very hard on the animal's bones and joints.

OTHER BEDS:
  -  Causes Discomfort by Trapping Heat
  -  Breeding Ground for Fleas
  -  Requires Frequent Washing
  -  Is Often Replaced
  -  Gets Worn, Tattered and Soiled
  -  Absorbs odors

The Canine Cooler® beds acts as a "heat sink" for your dog. It has tremendous cooling power- without refrigeration, it feels like that cold tile floor on your bare feet. It readily absorbs heat from your dog, and loses this heat back to the surrounding air. Your pet enjoys a lasting, dry, and powerful cooling sensation!

CANINE COOLER BEDS:
  -  Thermally Cools Dog
  -  Fleas can't Lay Eggs in this Bed
  -  Never needs Machine Washing