[pyrnet] Re: Rescue: Parade at Nationals

It was great to see several rescue dogs at the parade at the Specialty. But I was very disappointed that the parade came so late in the show - like an afterthought. The rescued dogs and their owners started to arrive very early, but had to wait and wait. For about half an hour a group of people stood in the ring chatting, which they could have done anywhere. By the time the parade began, at least one of the dogs had been taken home as he/she was not feeling well, and some of the dogs appeared stressed. There were very few people left to watch the lovely animals and their owners and listen to their remarkable stories read by the narrator.

Rescuing Pyrs (and some near-Pyrs) in distress is supremely important and the people involved are great and make tremendous sacrifices. I would like to see this rescue parade scheduled at a time when lots more people are likely to attend. I urge the planners of the 2007 Nationals to try to find a better time for this event.

The people who participated in the creative fun event on Wednesday night deserve applause for doing such things as crawling round their dogs, leaping over a foot-high jump while their dogs walked round the edge, pulling a cart loaded with unstable objects while their dogs watched, etc. Jane Gill was just great and so also was the sleazy "judge" (!) whose name I don't know and may perhaps best be omitted!

Shirley McGreal