Re: [pyrnet] Question

I acquired a pair of Pyr's after Hurricane Katrina. I have almost 5 acres
about 2 hours from New Orleans.

I've noticed that in this pair, the female is dominant when it comes to food
and getting outside of the fenced in area. But the male, will stand over her
while in the pen.  It's interesting to note that when we walk them, SHE does
more marking than he does. I had trouble walking the male, at first. He would
want to stand in front of me and not let me move. Once I got my husband walking with me, Chaz (Male) is more concerned where Star (female) is than where I am. But he still follows behind her, unless are car or another dog show up. Then he will move up in front of her and block her from moving until the 'danger' has passed. She doesn't fight him when he does that.

Before I took in the great Pyr's, I'd never heard of the breed. I've done a
lot of research and the Vet says they are healthy animals. I can't picture ever
NOT having a Pyr in my life, again.
Kristine
Chaz & Star (Pyr's)