[pyrnet] Re:

Much of that is just puppy exuberance, however pyrs are big puppies so you cannot let it continue. Mention what he is doing to the Petsmart instructor.  They should be able to help you deal with it.  In the meantime, practice making him do a lot of downs and stays (or "settle" as they call it at Petsmart).  This will help him to realize that you are the boss and he has to respect you.
Susan

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:16 PM

My 5 mth old male GP jumps and bites me while I'm trying to walk him and when I go in his yard. He has left bruises and cuts on my legs.  I've tried saying NO and shaking a can with pennies in it and nothing helps. I have him in obedience school at PetSmart. He's only been to 2 classes. I hope  they can help me fix this. He's fine when we go to his classes. It's only at home when he does it.  Will he grow out of this? Is this normal at this age?