Re: [pyrnet] Training Collars

On 10 May 2006 at 22:34, Pyrstaf@aol.com wrote:

> Well this might not be the current popular method I have switched to
> prong  collars as a tool in training over the past couple of years.
> I think that  they are more humane than slip, or choke, collars,
> particularly with beginning  dogs.  I switched after talking and
> working with a trainer who has trained  many breeds (and attained 4
> OTCH's) over many years.  I will preface this with the hope that you
> have a good trainer (not a 16  year old at Petsmart) and that the
> collar is fitted properly for your dog.  We call these collars
> "power steering" around here... Good luck!

All of the above is so important and to also remember that any type of
training equipment, is just that, a training aid.  Not to be left on
the dog when not training.  Below I have linked a study on Prong VS
Choke Collars.

http://www.cobankopegi.com/prong.html#AStudy

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com

This electronic mail transmission may be PRIVILEGED and is intended
only for
the person(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any other distribution, copying or
disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error,
please notify me by return electronic mail and delete the message and
any
attachments received with it from your system.