Re: [pyrnet] Training Collars

You can actually buy the prong collars with rubber tips. Used properly, they do not harm the dog. If you are unsure how to use it, I'm sure the instructor will help you. I have my Pyr's. My husband has a Neapolitan Mastiff. He is a lovable dog. But a rescue that was not worked with. I had never used a prong collar before trying to tame the lovable beast of the Mastiff. He actually pulled my husband to the ground. He's not aggressive at all. Just a bundle of happy, energetic muscle trying to take his master for a walk. With that collar, we can control him. He's tail wags the all the time, collar on or not. The release quicker than the choke chain collar. And they are not meant to stay on 24/7. Only when working with the dog in question.

Hope this helps.
Kristine with Star and Chase (Pyr's) and Dusty (Mastiff)