[pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20060510

Marilou -
It sounds to me like you are allowing your emotional reaction to an ugly
collar to override what is best for your dog.  That thin slip collar you
like is shaped and positioned  almost ideally for damaging the larynx of
your dog.  That ugly prong collar, doesn't poke or choke, it folds and
pinches the skin.  Would it help to think/speak of it as a "pinch
collar" rather than a "prong collar"?  If you are worried about hurting
your dog's skin (and remember - theirs is tougher than ours) get the
plastic tips for the prongs.  They do not affect effectiveness.

The study mentions a drastic difference in the incidence of neck damage
of 96% with the slip collar to 2% with the prong collar.

Jack (I have to walk a pyr and an excited black lab together) Mowery
jlmowery@amaonline.com

On Wed, 10 May 2006 22:40:34 -0500