[pyrnet] Re: pyr getting neutered

>>My 5mth old male  GP is getting fixed in June. I'm soooo paranoid right now.  I've heard how they don't do well with the anesthesia. <<

Your baby boy will be fine!  I'm always a wreck when mine have to go in for anything too.   And if they have to spend the night - I'm a mess.
The newer types of anesthesia that are used are very safe.  A friend of mine with a 4 lb teacup poodle was very worried and the vet told her that they can bring them back out of the anesthesia very quickly and only very very rarely have any problems with it.
I don't know about cost.  My boy, Soleil,  got neutered courtesy of the shelter but I got to pick him up from the vet and after a couple of sore days he was fine.
He was about a year and I think the younger dogs get over the surgery even faster.
You could mention to the vet that you've heard that the giant breeds react more to smaller amounts of anesthesia and ask if that is true.   Most vets are more than happy to answer questions and offer reassurance.
Let us know how he is ok?  We'll help you worry.

Cat,
Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs) and Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats)