From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of Brendan Murphy
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 6:33 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Thunder and Lightning

Hey All,

The boy is developing intense fear of thunder. We had bad storms roll
through last night resulting in whimpering, crying, and lots of shaking. I
realize paying attention to him will just reinforce the behavior. In
addition, I live behind a high school football field. When track meets are
in play, the cap gun utilized to initiate a race frightens him as well.

I am writing to see if there is anything I can do to minimize the impact.
One thought is to play a cd with thunderstorms on it on a gradual scale
until it's just background noise to him.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks.