From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of ltyson@ipa.net
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 11:00 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] FW: CHAT, RESCUE

I have a question and a little small talk.  Mostly I lurk, everyday as I
love reading about the great Great Pyrenees.  The question is:  What is a
LGD?

The small talk is that I have had two half grt pyr's.  Half grt pyr and half
black lab.  I don't think you could find a better combo.  Our first, Rufus,
got hit by a car shortly after Christmas and our current we got from a
Humane Society about 2 months ago.  I don't  think the general public is
aware of the wonderful attributes of the grt pyr.  This mix is the sweetest
dog I've ever had and the best huggers.  I would love to have a pure bred
but I don't want all that white hair so I'll just rescue the mixed ones as
long as they are black.  (Since I did all my floors to hide the black hair
and I wear a lot of black.)

Anyway, I love the grt pyr and I love to read the chatter of other pyr
lovers.  Thanks for this board.

Loretta Tyson
Samantha (pyr/lab), Mary (a hound mix rescue) and our dearly departed,
Rufus.

"What is important is that not all rescue groups have the ability to
evaluate a Great Pyrenees as a LGD."