Re: [pyrnet] toys for boredom

I am new to the list and the breed, but my 71/2 month pyr rescue, Benjamin loves tug of war with our foster lab mix and to play with squeaker toys. When he brings me a  ball and I throw it, he looks totally hurt, like "I brought you a present and I can't believe you just through it away!" He loves to find sticks out doors and sneak them in to chew. He also likes to do clicker training--for the treats, of course!
Shari

In a message dated 6/20/2006 10:30:20 P.M. Central Standard Time, bigbcustom@comcast.net writes:
My Pyr chews rawhides sporadically.  He isn't really the toy type (he prefers to mess with the other animals and people living in the house).  I probably bought $500.00 worth of toys looking for something he liked, then one day we were in Petco getting some fish supplies, and he grabbed a 14" diameter furry ball out of the bargain bin (first and only time he has grabbed something at a pet store without permission so it was really unexpected) so I bought it for $1.50 and took it home.  He absolutely loves it (also found out it has an internal squeaker which he will squeak at you when he wants you to throw it for him).  It is the only toy he has any use for, and he has had it for almost two years now.  He is very careful not to damage it, and will carry it around the house with him in between napping spots.  My suggestion is to take your little one to the pet store and walk around all the toys until they show a particular affinity for something, then try it out.  Start with the bargain bin.
----- Original Message -----
From: GW Gibbs
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 9:07 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] toys for boredom

Hello,

...any ideas for toys that pyrs enjoy.  Mine are not the playing type, but I feel that they get bored.  Does anyone have a pyr with a favorite toy that keeps them occupied for a while????   Are rawhide bones OK for treats?????   Thanks, PAM

Pray as if everything depended on God;
act as if everything depended on you.
- "Gates of Prayer"