Re: [pyrnet] Thanks re Aggressive Behavior

On 30 Jun 2006 at 22:15, WEKPBK@aol.com wrote:

> To those of you who asked...I'm sure it was an aggressive bite, not a
> playful one.  I'm beginning to wonder if his alpha tendencies are what
> caused him to not do well on the goat farm with his original
> owner/breeder, and end up being put up for adoption.

More than likely, there was too much prey drive to make a good LGD.
But since you do have a bit of history I would certainly contact your
breeder for more information on this dog. It is a concern if a breeder
sells a dog with a questionable temperament. A responsible breeder
should support you and the dog for that dog's life!  :)

I'm sure you will learn lots in dog obedience, be sure you pick a
trainer/instructor that is experienced and has good references.  It's great
if you can find one that knows our breed too! Your vet or local kennel
club should be able to provide references too.

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
jsmiller@newmex.com