Re: [pyrnet] At what age does a pyr reach full size?

In a message dated 9/8/2006 6:40:51 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, winterrosefairy19@yahoo.com writes:
My great pyr (male )is almost 10mths old and probably weighs somewhere in the 90s. Will he get much bigger than that?
He should continue to grow in height just a bit and slowly, for a few more months and then he will continue to fill out until he is 2 or 2 1/2.  His chest area will probably broaden and his ruff will grow in.  Has he had his first coat blowing yet?
I remember my first pyr, Shelly's,  first coat blowing - I was totally amazed at the amount of hair she was losing and started getting really worried.  lol
  My adult female weighs about 100 lbs but is quite slender and my adult male around 110.  Is your pup slender looking or plump?  Is he a good eater?
My female has never been a big eater.  She only finishes her food so the male won't get it.  sigh....

Cat, Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs) and Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats)