Re: [pyrnet]Shy Rescue

Wow, I'll have to remember all the good suggestions generated by this post. I, also, want to congratulate you on the rescues and your commitment to them. I live in a multdog household--rescues of many varieties, one being Benjamin, our 10 month old Pyr. I am always careful to separate the likely to squabble suspects before feeding and to exercise my and other human family members' alpha status through commands and obedience. I, also correct, as soon as I see posturing beginning. I don't allow any dominance gestures between dogs, as I, like you, have had too many vet bills due to fights--as if normal maintenance and illness vet visits weren't enough of an expense. One other tip that has helped me--a shake can of coins & pebbles duct taped shut thrown beside the brawling dogs is amazingly effective! Good luck to you and your dogs and again, you are doing a wonderful thing.
Shari
PS Ben is also shy, and sneaky like a cat--I have those, too! I just tell people to ignore him and pretty soon he comes around to them.