Re: [pyrnet] When Pyrs Shed

Osa is blowing her coat right now too.  Dark green carpet everywhere in the house, too. You can't get away with not vacuuming even a day around here...

Pyr skin is naturally pink.  I'm not sure if the pink skin thingie has already been made clear already in this thread, sorry if it's redundant.

We adopted Osa last July -- only 87 pounds at 2 years old -- and she was so matted we had to shave her all the way down to almost the skin to get under the mats, and keep her out of direct sun through the fall.  It grew all out back by winter and we did a bath-and-brush just about every weekend. Come late spring Kyle gave her a "lion" clip (she's a groomer), with a shaped, full-length mane and shorter (but not too short because of the pink skin thingie) the rest of the way around. Kept her tail long, of course.  She looked great, the kids loved it, they all thought she was a lion (we walk the city park every afternoon after work), and she's growing back out for the winter again now.  Less length to blow, but it's still a lot of hair.

She hasn't had any skin issues.

Matt