[pyrnet] Questions about my (#$&*!) dog

I'm new here and going a bit crazy.? I got my first Pyr in Alaska six years ago.? Read the New Skeete Monks books in preparation, did all the good stuff and he was great.? Oh, yes, he chewed, he stole things and chewed, sometimes he gave me the blink, blink stare thing and wouldn't do what I said, but he was really good.? He was house broken at four months, but we did have a dog door in that house.? Next I rescued a Pyr with loads of bad habits and who had been kicked around and abused.? She was scared and timid.? Nine months old and still chewing.? And not house trained.? She probably took less than three weeks to fully house train and we worked on the other issues for longer and she's a sweetheart now.? The first dog got bone cancer at five and had to be put down and it broke my heart.? In December I got a three month old Pyr from a really good breeder.? He's lovely, we did Puppy Kindergarten and another round of classes.? He's sweet, but a chewing machine.? He's thirteen months old and still not house broken.? He has had one bladder infection and that's has cleared.? He's crate trained.? I worked at home, so he's never been left in the crate too long.? Ya da ya da.? I've done all the right things.? I swear.? Defecation we've got pretty much handled--though I wouldn't trust him in the house alone--but he will pee in the crate, on the floor or even on my feet when I leashed him to my belt.? He will go outside with me.? I tell him to go pee.? He steps off the porch and obediently pees, looking at me the whole time.? I praise, I treat.? If I do this at all the right times all day long, we might be fine, but if the mood or urge hits--he won't go to the door and bark, he won't ring the bell, he just lets loose.? No, there's no one place he goes.? I do clean with a protein based cleaner made for animal soiling.? No, I don't let him see me do it, so he doesn't think I'm his maid.

I called one man who advertised to house train your dog in three days.? Upon questioning I realized he was a red neck with a shock collar.? He went on to telll me that Pyrs are untrainable.? Period.? Sigh.

I know the chewing will, indeed, stop.? But I'm worried the peeing will not.? Advice?
Gail Giles

WHAT HAPPENED TO CASS McBRIDE?? Coming Fall '06 from Little, Brown

PLAYING IN TRAFFIC,??from Simon Pulse?