Re: [pyrnet] cancer

The breeder from whom I got Jack London lives in Alaska.? SHe had previously had no cancer in her line--lots of awards, no cancer.? Two years after I got Jack his father died of bone cancer, then his mother died a year later.? The breeder informed me of all this.? She informed all her other puppy owners.? ?As soon as she heard Jack died, and one month latter his litter mated died of bone cancer, she asked that all the off spring of the dogs be neutered and scanned and if possible be used for cancer study.? My rescue is not of that line--from a backyard breeder, in fact, she's a bit past seven and slowing way down, showing signs of doggie Altzheimer's here and there but still sweet and happy.? The new guy is bouncy and well behaved with the exception of the pee problem.? I'm going to have him checked once again this week for UTI (he is neutered).? He's a Rivergroves dog.? Drop dead gorgeous.? Anxious to please.

Had a bout of kennel cough early on--think he got that at kindergarten even though he had the shots.? Or he arrived with it, dunno.? Doesn't matter it cleared up with the first round of meds.
Gail Giles

WHAT HAPPENED TO CASS McBRIDE?? Coming Fall '06 from Little, Brown

PLAYING IN TRAFFIC,??from Simon Pulse?