Re: [pyrnet] Digging Pyr

In a message dated 11/21/2006 5:35:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ChristineCvs@aol.com writes:
Any suggestions on how to discourage the digging?
Tell her to put his poop in the hole and cover it.  It will take a few times and needs to be done when he can't see what she is doing.  Every time he starts a new hole she should do that.  Soon he'll think that there poop buried every where and it will discourage his digging.
Both my pyrs dig - usually to make a nice cool napping spot.  I have giant holes all over my back yard but I really don't mind.
But I can see why she would worry about her child and other dog getting hurt.
Hope it works!
And tell her if not they usually stop digging around 9 or 10 years old...LOL

Cat, Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs) and Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great cats) and Red, Congo African Grey