Re: [pyrnet] rescue question - reply

In a message dated 12/31/2006 9:12:43 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, BDrube1441@aol.com writes:
My rescue question is this: I have been feeding a lost/abandoned female pyr who has been hanging around the local university campus for approx a month. She watches for my car and eats the food after I leave--I observed from a distance--but still will not let me near. I would like to get her to the vet and into rescue. Any suggestions?     Shari
Similar situation a year or so ago - took food 2X/day.  Put food out about 20 feet from car and then sat on ground beside the car.  Over a week, moved bowl to within 5 feet of car.
Began gently tossing treats to dog BEFORE putting bowl down and returning to car.  Over next few days, got out of car, tossed a few treats, put bowl down beside me, gave more treats when bowl emptied and finally got to petting dog and next day slipped a choke chain & lead over her head.  She jumped into the back seat of the car and the rest was history.
Good Luck!
Robert