From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf
Of Tom McCulloch
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:26 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Hing leg weakness in Pyrs

A question on muscle strengthening treatments for big dogs.  Our 11 1/2
year old female Pyr has hind leg weakness.  She recently had her hips
X-rayed, but only minor arthritis was found, and no dysplasia or other
issues.  She has now been on a regimen of Adequan for several weeks.
While this seems to help a little, occasionally she still has a hard
time getting out of a sitting or squatting position, and ends up hopping
until we can pick her up and stabilize her.  Afterwards, she is OK
again, and able to walk up stairs and do her half-run/half-jog through
the backyard keeping us safe from the squirrels.

Does anyone know of other kinds of muscle builders that could help?  Are
there steroids that work in these cases?  Thanks for any information you
can provide.

Tom McCulloch