Re: [pyrnet] old pyr health question

I have a younger Pyr, but can empathize with your concern.  I'm sorry that I can't offer any information, as my Pyr is only approaching 6 years.  I was caught by your statement regarding her allergies and the homemade food you provide.  How did the allergies manifest?  Was it related to her skin?  The reason I ask is that my boy was diagnosed with general pyoderma (general skin infection due to some sort of staph bacteria).  He developed many sores on his body and we had them biopsied with the above diagnosis being the result.  He was on antibiotics for 6 weeks and there continue be a few new sores.  Maybe this is some type of reaction to an allergen?  Any one else have any thoughts?  By the way, I will not go to a raw meat diet.

Thanks,
Christine