[pyrnet] Re: Pyrnet

I hope someone will renew Pyr-net for another year because it may be that the list will spring back to life. I took a look at the site and it appears that the last update was in 1999.

I learned the hard way that one can't let web sites die and ever bring them back to life under the same name. Dead sites are bought up by brokers. When my young friend Linda Howard died, a colleague carelessly let her well-trafficked site pet monkey info die. I realized what had happened and contacted a colleague who said he had forgotten to renew it, then I contacted the host and was told it was sold. In fact a web site name broker had bought it, I found his name from godaddy where you can find who owns any domain name. I contacted him and he offered to sell the name back to me for $27,000. I changed the name by a couple of letters and re-registered it.

So, it's fine to let the site die if one is 100% one won't want to revive it. I assume the chat list would disappear, too.

I do remember times when the list was really lively.

Shirley McGreal (my Pyrs are Zoe and Blue Bear, both rescues, and the late Sebastien, Patou, and Ivy)