[pyrnet] CHAT: Dog food

I have been switching between a number of dog foods ever since Pico
developed allergies after I switched him to Canidae last year in response to
the dog food poisoning issues. He get runny eyes and ear infections and I am
using benedryl to keep the symptoms in check while I find a food for him.

I just started him on the EVO red meat big bites which he seems to love. It
has only been a couple days since he has been on that exclusively, so it is
too early to tell if it is a success. If this doesn't work, I am thinking of
either a homemade food (no - I don't really want to do raw) or the
Prescription Z/D diet.

Laela is on the California Natural and she really seems to like it. I was
switching them both at the same time, but I figured that I would just keep
Laela on the Cal Nat until Pico gets settled and then switch her.

BTW, while I was speaking with one of the clerks at my local dog food store,
she mentioned that a lot of foods are getting away from using poultry fat
because of allergy problems and going to stuff like canola oil. I wonder if
that is one of the changes that Nutro made.

Elaine, Pico and Laela