Re: [pyrnet] CHAT: Dog food

On 19 Sep 2008 at 10:40, Elaine wrote:

> I have been switching between a number of dog foods ever since Pico
> developed allergies after I switched him to Canidae last year in
> response to the dog food poisoning issues. He get runny eyes and ear
> infections and I am using benedryl to keep the symptoms in check while
> I find a food for him.

If you have not done so, I would have allergy testing done on Pico.  We have a rescue here
that has terrible allergies.  We all, including the vet thought the allergies were due to
inhalants.  Well our girl is allergic to just as many foods as grasses, weeds, pollens, etc.  as
well as some molds.  Food allergies include beef, chicken, cow's milk,Turkey, Wheat, in the
specialty foods, she's allergic to duck, green beans, Rabbit.  We now have her on Solid Gold
Lamb and Rice and antigen.  She is doing well, but still is on the load dose.  At times she still
breaks out in the itchies and immediately gets a staph infection.

Judith S. Miller
Northern New Mexico Great Pyrenees Rescue
http://www.caerbannog-grtpyrs.com/workable%20pages/rescue.html
jsmiller@newmex.com