From: slocum_da
Sent: Thursday, January 01, 2009 12:50 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] New Pyr puppy questions

Hi

We recently got a new Pyr puppy Inka and we are noticing some things we never saw with our old Pyr girl.  We  have a 5 yo cocker spaniel and I wonder if she has some effect on this puppy's attitude.

We got the new puppy when she was 12 weeks old.  She had not had much exercise so she was a bit underweight and floppy.  That is no where near the case now she is 17 weeks old.  She is fully potty trained (The bells on the door were a great idea).  But she is so friendly and wanting to please, and I just dont remember that in Ama.  I do see the Pyr stuborness and attempts at ignoring us (instead of listening!)  and she is starting to take an interest in guard duty.  She also is spending more and more time outside, simply because she wants to (our property is Pyr proofed).

The cocker spaniel is the guard dog.  Our old girl relenquished that duty about a year ago.  Its funny to see this little dog do everything a Pyr would when people come to the gate or door. Then her "I want to be your friend" cocker attitude kicks in.

But Inka is the most vocal and happy, joyful Pyr puppy I have ever seen.  She has a voice she uses when she wants something and plays with all the frisbees and toys the cocker has.  Ama never played with toys.  Ama was always a bit aloof as well.  Inka just wants to be in the middle of everything and is VERY curious about every door that is opened and has to investigate everything.

Inka and the Cockek spaniel get along well.  The Cocker is in charge and although Inka is bigger than her she still knows that.

I was wondering if there really is that kind of variety in their personalities?

thanks

deb