Re: [pyrnet] New Pyr puppy questions

Hi Deb,

Yes, they can vary in personality.  Some are more inclined to be more people oriented than others.  It can vary within litters as well as within lines.  I have had both ends of the spectrum - ones who were 'serious' and preferred to be off on their own a lot of the time, and some that were more attention seekers.  I have one young dog here at the moment who does like playing with toys - less and less as he gets older (he is 2), but he still enjoys tossing one around or a game from time to time.  However, he also likes time out on his own, is serious about guardian duties and very gentle with small animals.  He is definitely all Pyr.  He is more game oriented than I have had before though.

Tracy Bassett
Espinay Pyrenean Mountain Dogs
"Putting the Breed before breeding"
Canberra, Australia