RE: [pyrnet] sensitive stomach and shampoo... P.S.

Christine,

The blue hue may be unavoidable – my daughter has informed me that my white hair has a purple tone when I use my Clairol shampoo too often.  What helps then, is that I use an Herbal Essence shampoo called “Degunkify”, meant to remove all residual stuff from other products.  Now that they have many more varieties than the original dark green shampoo, Herbal Essence has given them creative names, like “Drama Clean”.  “Degunkify” alternated with a blue shampoo may work for the dog too.

Amy

From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On Behalf Of Christine
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:30 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] sensitive stomach and shampoo... P.S.

Sorry if these are repeat questions

I looked through the email in my Pyr Folder and didn't quite find what I was looking for.

*If so, I am ok with a re-send of email related to this topic

1) Any tips for a good bluing shampoo that brightens the coat or at least removes yellow oxidation and dirt stains.

I'm guessing some are better than others for a Pyr due to the porousity of the dog's coat.....that...and I can't help but notice the absolutely beautiful sheepdog on a neighboring property sometimes has a blue hue when viewed at certain angles. . .

***Most Important***

2) Going to the Vet tomorrow and planning to ask for alternatives to EpiOtic.

Anyone familiar with Otomite Plus?

I have always been consistent about ear wax, mites, etc. due to the hot & humid we live but believe I am going to need the vet to do the job this time. :c

Thanks in advance

Christine