Re: [pyrnet] CHAT; SOCIAL; BEHAVIOR: Busted... any other white dogsaddicted ...

Sampson looks as if he is trying to sneak out of the bathroom - that, and he does look as if he knows he is caught....and is not overly concerned about it.

It has been a good 9 years since we've had a Pyr pup and we aren't really around a lot of other dogs (other our own). I am interested in y'alls opinion and/advise and/or comments about our Pyr's weight and coloring. Okie Dokie - Kodiak (Kodi) is a family dog. I love Kodi the way he is and he fascinates me and I am just curious about these things. He is a non-working dog and we have no plans to show him. So far, he hardly spends any time in the house :c. Kodi has a happy disposition and loves affection. When he get's very excited and happy. some times, instead of panting or salivating - he still breaths hard but he does not open his mouth - and because of that he makes the cutest kind of purr - like a kitten lol.

This is the first time I used PhotoBucket. I sent an email to myself and the second link should work. If not, please let me know as I am interested in opinions - especially about Kodi's nose.

Weight:
At 10 months Kodi weighed 83 pounds. A few weeks later (barely 11 months) he weighs 96. He was weighed both times on our vet's scale.  He eats once a day - or two smaller meals when it is cold outside. A regular Pyr puppy diet with lots of protein and we walk about four miles every day. He is getting huge and I just don't remember pups growing that fast.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt311/konyha/Kodi1stWeek2.jpg
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt311/konyha/?action="">

Coloring/Nose - pigment:
Another matter I wonder about.  Since Kodi was a pup, a part of his muzzle (area on top of the nose) was kind of pink and the fur was sparse. He had three what I like to call freckles. Just today I noticed that area is almost filled with white fur and the freckles are fading. It is obvious there is not going to be a trace of any of the pink or the 'freckles' on his muzzle. Even if this would have been considered a flaw by some people- I loved his nose and wish the change were not happening and hope they do not progress. So: has anyone ever seen this?

Coloring/Markings:

The other matter is Kodi had some light gray markings around his ears and eyes. The fur around his ears is almost white now and the gray markings around his eyes are fading. His coat has no other markings. We only bathe him with regular products. We have only had four Pyrs and none have been white everywhere so I have never seen this.  The ~ 10.5 month images were taken a few days ago & he's been in the rain so the gray looks more pronounced.

Thanks to all,

Christine