From: Oliverslb@aol.com
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:41:33 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Demodectic mange  :(

This is what I used on the three (3) thirteen week old Great Pyrenees pups that I rescued 5 years ago...

"All about ChlorhexiDerm Maximum 4% Spray. View complete and up to date ChlorhexiDerm Maximum 4% Spray veterinary information - part of the Drugs.com veterinary database. ... ChlorhexiDerm Maximum is a full strength antimicrobial spray containing penetrating agents and emollients for optimal therapeutic effectiveness."  - they also make a shampoo.

I used the shampoo, as prescribed by my vet (and purchased there, too).
It cleared the mange right up and there was one mild reoccurrence almost three months later (due to having 4 hurricanes back-to-back here in south FL).   I guess the stress induced  the relapse.
None have had any setbacks in the nearly 5 years since.

Best of luck, Christine!

Lisa and the beasts in south FL

     - " -
    /) '  ' (\
  {/ (_0_) \}
   (''')~(''')
 ( " ) - ( " )Lisa T. Bottcher, President
Oliver's House, Incorporated 501(c)(3)
W Palm Beach, FL (561) 379-8328
Oliver (12 y/o Bearded Collie), Derby (14 y/o Aussie),
Great Pyrenees - CeeCee, Cubbie, Shasta, Trixie, and
Jelly (Tibetan Terrier), and Grover "Beardie of Mystery"
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County since 1999"
www.oliverslb.com
do you FaceBook?
http://www.facebook.com/n/?reqs.php&mid=88b5d6G5595b686G73fb6cG2