Re: [pyrnet] Michael Vick

In a message dated 8/25/2009 4:57:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, BDrube1441@aol.com writes:
Lets, instead of boycotting the sponsors and Eagles, petition them to run PSA's during the games and donate money toward educational and humane programs. I think that would be a win/win situation. We can't bring back those poor dogs who suffered and died, but we can save other dogs from the same fate in the future.
I really like that idea.   Education is the key to solving a lot of the problems in our world.  My first reaction is always rage/outrage when I read about animals being mistreated.  My impulse is to strike back and that usually doesn't accomplish much.

PSA's and educational programs have been established and it has been shown that former fighting dogs, who were routinely put down as unredeemable can become great family and even therapy dogs.

I saw a video about that.  It was great - showed lots of Pit's who've been saved from a life of fighting and are wallowing in love in their homes.  Also some short clips of training for agility.  Put a big smile on my face.

Cat
Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)
Red Birdie, (African Grey parrot)