Re: [pyrnet] Michael Vick

Hi Elaine,

I feel as you do. It is difficult to read what is in someone else's mind and heart, but I do feel he does deserve a chance and his horrible crimes, which are commonplace in both metropolitan in rural areas, but have been unacknowledged and swept under the rug by both citizens and law enforcement, have been brought into the light of day. Because of this, law enforcement has been more proactive, PSA's and educational programs have been established and it has been shown that former fighting dogs, who were routinely put down as unredeemable can become great family and even therapy dogs.

Lets, instead of boycotting the sponsors and Eagles, petition them to run PSA's during the games and donate money toward educational and humane programs. I think that would be a win/win situation. We can't bring back those poor dogs who suffered and died, but we can save other dogs from the same fate in the future.

Shari and the gang