[pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20090916

Problem could be in the "cultured whey protein".  The Chinese cheat.
Recent events have shown this to be a fact, not a racist comment.  They
cheat by adding melamine (high in nitrogen) to make protein content
appear higher.  (most protein tests are actually tests for nitrogen
content)  Most recently they adulterated milk and milk products (whey
comes in here) with melamine managing to sicken and kill their own
infants in the process. If they don't care about their own babies, why
should they care about our dogs?  Stop buying Chinese - anything.

Jackie Lee Mowery and Belle of the Amarillo Mountains

Robert Low wrote:

Wife picked up some WAGGIN' TRAIN brand Duck Jerky Sticks a week or so
ago.  Front of package says the net weight of 2.75 oz. of 'sticks' (they
look like anorexic Slim Jims) and were made from 3/4 lb. of "Fresh
Duck".
Back of package lists ingredients as:  "duck breast, starch, glycerin,
cultured whey protein and seasonings".
Anyone who has greater knowledge than I do as to any of the listed
ingredients being harmful, please post a response.
Robert Low, Metro Atlanta GP Club