Re: [pyrnet] Diet question

In a message dated 9/21/2009 5:24:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, laurie88888@yahoo.com writes:
what do you give these guys to *chew*???  He doesn't really have any interested in chewing the large heavy-duty nylabones.  I know raw-hide is not acceptable - what about fresh large leg bones from the butcher?  Do these have to be supervised?
I give both rawhide and large leg bones.   I know lots of people don't give the rawhide chews but I've never had a problem in 40 years of having dogs and my Vet approves of them.  I make sure they're "made" in the US.  Years ago there were problems with ones from other countries.
As far as weight - Lily has always been very slender.  She was a very picky eater until Soleil came to live with us.    Now she cleans her bowl almost every meal.  She is still slender, last weight was 98 lbs.  I believe her heaviest was around 105 when she was younger.  (she is almost 10).
I feed the Taste of the Wild, Salmon.  It has no grains, since Lily has some skin problems.  They both love it.
Some times just sprinkling some cheese on the food gets them eating more.  Parmesan is a favorite of lots of dogs.
Be sure to share puppy stories ok?   Love those puppy stories.....

Cat
Lily & Soleil (Great Pyrs)
Troubles, Lacy & Sparkle (Great Cats)
Red Birdie, (African Grey parrot)