From: Bea Stephens <bea@winterbourn.net>
Subject: [pyrnet] Update on Arizona
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 10:28 AM

I took Arizona back to the vet on Friday. It looks like she has a cancerous tumor â right at the base of her tail. It doesnât look good. The vet says that he can try to remove it, but she will lose her tail. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? Sure could use some input from my pyr friends on this one.

Arizona is 8 years old, and is a rescue that someone just threw away. She has severe allergies and a possible immune system problem. Weâve struggled with multiple ear infections, skin infections, etc. Right now, sheâs beautiful â no skin problems and her ears are clear. All except this growth on her tail. I donât want her to suffer. The vet says even if he removes the tumor and her tail, there is no guarantee that it wonât grow back. I think he feels my pain. He didnât charge me for Fridayâs visit.

Iâm so sad. And I just donât know what to do.

Bea