Re: [pyrnet] Update on Arizona

My Cousin had a Malamute that had a cancer on the tail, not sure exactly where tho.  They
had the tail removed and the dog lived 6 months.  It is my understanding that tail removal is a
major deal and very hard on dogs.  Although all the literature says it's no big deal.

It is never easy to make these type of decisions and I always resort to what will the quality of
life be if I do or don't.  According to the GPCA Health Committee the average life span of
Male Pyrs is 8 years old and in females 10 years old.  We all know they can live much longer.
But again I believe the quality of life plays an important role.

This is such a personal decision and it does sound like you you and your vet have a good
relationship.  I would certainly make an appointment just to sit and talk about Arizona.

I feel your pain.