From: bea@winterbourn.net
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Update on Arizona
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:28:43 -0400

I took Arizona back to the vet on Friday. It looks like she has a cancerous tumor – right at the base of her tail. It doesn’t look good. The vet says that he can try to remove it, but she will lose her tail. Has anyone dealt with something like this before? Sure could use some input from my pyr friends on this one.

Arizona is 8 years old, and is a rescue that someone just threw away. She has severe allergies and a possible immune system problem. We’ve struggled with multiple ear infections, skin infections, etc. Right now, she’s beautiful – no skin problems and her ears are clear. All except this growth on her tail. I don’t want her to suffer. The vet says even if he removes the tumor and her tail, there is no guarantee that it won’t grow back. I think he feels my pain. He didn’t charge me for Friday’s visit.

I’m so sad. And I just don’t know what to do.

Bea